Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Surprise Road Trip to Nebraska

I had a wonderful time this past weekend. I went with my siblings, Mary, Christine, Kathy and John on a road trip to Nebraska to surprise our brother, Billy. His wife, Mandy, had sent an email inviting us to a surprise 40th Birthday Celebration. She didn’t think we would come, she just wanted to informed us.
Well, Mary took it as a challenge and got all of us to go with her!! What a party! It is a 12-hour drive from Dallas to Gretna, Nebraska (8 hours from OKC). So Kathy (she just moved to Oklahoma and lives 3 miles from me!! YES!! Total party!!) John (he drove up Nathan’s pick-up from Dallas) and I met Mary and Christine on I-35 and headed up to Nebraska Friday morning!
The Corn Fields in Nebraska were beautiful! Notice how tall the corn is!!
It was a real fun drive. We talked and laughed and shared “You- Tube” videos!! The time went by really fast. Soon, we were at the house (beautiful cabin in the mountains) for the party. Mary had made us all matching t-shirts with “TEAM BILLY” on the back!! So CUTE!!
We totally surprised Bill!! It was a fun evening: good food, great talks, fun atmosphere!!
Saturday, we hang out at the house, went shopping, and played games! Of course, we stayed up late and laughed and laughed!!
(Sharing the bathroom, just like we did when we were teenagers!)
Sunday we had to get on the road, the Dallas-ites had work Monday morning! John drove while the rest of us watched movies: “Pride and Prejudice” and “Soul Surfer” and did hand-work (‘knitting’ as John called it). No really: Kathy bought a quilt pattern that everyone loved…so Mary, Christine, and Kathy crocheted squares for their cute new quilt and I worked on my cross-stitch!! I think John thought he was ‘Driving Ms. Daisy’. It was so much fun!!
We had a fantastic weekend! Thanks Mary for putting it all together and for Curt allowing us to use his new pick-up!! It was AWESOME!!

4 comments:

Donna Mannewitz Christensen said...

So, I am commenting on my own post! Once I posted, the writing went to the right instead of under the different pictures. Ugh, frustrating!! I must be doing something wrong!!

Jennifer Miller said...

Sounds SO fun. Im so glad you could go!

jeanine said...

Fun! I always love spending time with my siblings!

Stefani said...

SO FUN!! Family is the BEST!