Friday, August 12, 2011

Don't you just love LOVE?

I was reading in the Book of Mormon this morning, in 1 Nephi 11 (yes, I am starting over). This is the chapter Nephi ‘sees the Spirit of the Lord and is shown in vision the tree of life’. This time around verses 22 and 23 really caught my attention. The angel asks Nephi if he “knowest thou the meaning of the tree which thy father saw?” Nephi answered him, “it is the love of God… it is the most desirable above all things”. Then this wonderful verse, (v. 23) “And he spake unto me, saying: yea, and the most joyous to the soul.”

I love that: The love of God is the most joyous to the soul. I know it is true!! I believe that is the greatest thing we can experience: the love of God. It is complete joy in my soul!! The love of God is all around us: we can see it in His creations; a beautiful world. I love flowers! We can also feel it, as we count our blessings and look for tender mercies. We don’t have to look far, God’s love is everywhere.

When have you felt God’s love?

The other day I was driving down the road, thinking about all my many blessings and I felt a warm feeling overcome me. It was most joyous to my soul and I knew Heavenly Father loved me and my family. It was a neat experience. One, I hope not to forget.

1 comment:

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

We just did that as family night monday, complete with our own iron rod! it was fun! we ate Watermelon at the end when the kids made it to the tree! :)