Monday, March 9, 2009
Every Rancher should have a CRAFTY wife
So tonight Bryan asked if I could help tag some calves. He had all of them caught in the corral and needed help bringing them up into the chute. So I put on my work clothes and headed out. We started sorting the calves when I noticed one of the calves had a tin can stuck on her hoof. She was walking on the tin can instead of her hoof. We were able to get the calf into the chute and Bryan tried to get the tin can off; however, it was wedged on there sooo tight! He couldn't get it off. I guess she had been walking on it for a while!
Well, I remembered I had bought some tin clippers to cut some tin sheets for some magnet boards I made for the kids. So, I ran home as fast as I could, grabbed the tin clippers and the triple anti-bacteria ointment. We were able to clip the tin can off of her foot, some off the top and some off the bottom. It was a little difficult trying to get her to hold still; but we did it! Then we put on some ointment where the can had been rubbing her hoof. She had a cut, too.
You never know when your craft equipment will help on the farm! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
how funny! I want to see someone on wife swap do that!
Shantelle's Dress is awesome!
That is funny you mention Wife Swap because they called me yesterday and we had a phone interview. May be I sure put up a survey and see what people think about this wife swap thing. I am not sure I want to do it. :)
awesome DAW!! Can't wait to see your next post and the pictures that go with it!! ur so cool - one day when i grow up maybe i can have some cool experiences like you!
BLOG already!!!
Post a Comment