Monday, February 24, 2014

So, so HAPPY for my big SISTER!!

My older sister, Christine, was introduced to Jeff by his brother who lives in her ward. Jeff lives and works in Arizona...but they started communicating through email at first, then phone calls and texting and then visits. Jeff and Christine have been dating for about a year--Jeff usually flies to Dallas for the weekend to be with Christine and her family. So, on December 14 they got engaged!!
Jeff and Christine on the night of their engagement!

 Don't they look happy!

So, on Saturday, February 1, 2014, Jeff and Christine were sealed in the Dallas Temple! Bryan and I went down for the day...as we were leaving for a big trip the following day. I'm so glad we went! It was a wonderful day! When Christine and Jeff entered the sealing room, she had the BIGGEST smile on her face and it never changed! She was the happiest girl alive! It was so awesome to be there with all my siblings, parents,  and relatives and some friends! As I sat there, I thought this is awesome...I have been able to see all my siblings get sealed in the temple--except my oldest sister, Mary. She was sealed in the Dallas Temple, too, I just wasn't old enough to be there in the room!

 The bride and groom with their families!
Jeff has two brothers, mother and father, two daughters and one son-in-law.
Christine was three brothers, four sisters, mother and father, three daughters and four sons!

Riley and Bailey! Two of Christine's beautiful daughters!!

The photographer went to take some pictures of the groom and his family, so I asked Bryan to take some pictures of me and my siblings! All of us came for the wedding! It was so fun to be together! 

 RtoL (oldest to youngest)
Mary, Christine, me, Bill, John, Amy, Kathy and Steven



I'm so glad everyone was able to make it: Steven lives in Virginia, Amy in Utah, Bill in Nebraska, Kathy and I in Oklahoma, and John, Christine, and Mary live in Allen, Texas, where I grew up!


The three older sisters!
Me, Christine, Mary
We grew up together!


I love ALL my sisters so much!!
I truly wished we lived closer together so we could spend more time together!


We are not complete without our Mom!!


Me and my crazy brothers! They are hilarious!!
Steven, Bill and John
Handsome men!


They are crazy and had to pick Christine up!


We then got the whole family together! But we were missing Jeff!


Oh, there he is! right down in front!! Jeff, welcome to the family! Welcome to the craziness!

Of course, Bryan was feeling left out, so he got a picture with the bride!!
   
 It was a WONDERFUL day!! Christine was so incredibly happy!! I'm so excited for her and Jeff! They are going to make each other happy for many, many years!

After the wedding, we went to Christine's for some lunch and then a little later over to Mary's for a open house! Everything was perfect! Mary and Curt did a great job opening up their home to so many people! Christine is a well known Realtor so she had many friends and family that wanted to be part of the wedding! It was a amazing day!!

I took a couple snap shots at the Open House when they were cutting the cake.



Christine, I am so happy for you!! I love you!!




2 comments:

Cami said...

awesome post, Donna! How exciting.

Stefani said...

How incredibly nice!
Don't you hate the living far apart thing??